- Ph.D. Agro-Environmental Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 1991
- M.Eng. Soil and Water Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand, 1979
- B.Sc. Agricultural Engineering, University of the Philippines at Los Banos (UPLB), Philippines,1975
- Certificate: 21st International Course on Land Drainage, ILRI, Wageningen, The Netherlands, 1981
- Tiewtoy, S., Clemente, R.S., Perret, S., Babel, M.s., and Weesakul, S. 2011. Irrigation sustainability assessment of selected projects in Tha Chin basin, Thailand. Irrigation and Drainage Journal Vol 60, 296-307, 2011 John Wiley and Sons.
- Donjadee, S., Clemente, R.S., Tingsanchali, T., and Chinnarasri, C. 2009. Effects of vertical hedge interval of vetiver grass on erosion on steep agricultural lands. Land Degradation and Development Vol 20 pp 1-9
- Halim, R., Clemente, R.S., Routray, J.K., Shrestha, R.P. Integration of biophysical and socio-economic factors to assess soil erosion hazard in the upper Kaligarang watershed, Indonesia (2007) Land Degradation and Development, 18 (4), pp. 453-469.
- M.E. Asadi, R.S. Clemente, A. Gupta, R. Loof, and G. Hansen 2001.Impacts of fertigation via sprinkler on nitrate leaching and corn yield. Agricultural Water Management Journal Vol 52/3:197-213
- Shrestha, S., Kazama, F., Newham, L.T.H., Babel, M.S., Clemente, R.S., Ishidaira, H., Nishida, K., Sakamoto, Y. Catchment scale modelling of point source and non-point source pollution loads using pollutant export coefficients determined from long-term in-stream monitoring data (2008) Journal of Hydro-Environment Research, 2 (3), pp. 134-147.
- Ines, A.V.M., Honda, K., Das Gupta, A., Droogers, P., Clemente, R.S. Combining remote sensing-simulation modeling and genetic algorithm optimization to explore water management options in irrigated agriculture (2006) Agricultural Water Management, 83 (3), pp. 221-232.
- Wongsupap, C., Weesakul, S., Clemente, R., Gupta, A.D. River basin water quality assessment and management: Case study of Tha Chin River Basin, Thailand (2009) Water International, 34 (3), pp. 345-361.
- Pensuk, A., Shrestha, R., and Clemente, R. Effect of land use change on land quality and water resources in Phattalung Watershed, Thailand– International Journal of Environment and Rural Development ( IJERD) March 2010 pp 158-163
- A. Wahid, MS. Babel, A. Das Gupta and R. S. Clemente. 2007 Spatial assessment of groundwater use potential for irrigation in Teesta Barrage Project in Bangladesh. Hydrogeology Journal 15:365-382.
- Pongsai, S., Schmidt-Vogt , D., Shrestha, R., Clemente, R., and Aphisit, E. 2010. Calibration and validation of MUSLE for estimating sediment yield on sloping plots: A case study in Khun Satan catchment of Northern Thailand. Canadian Journal of Soil Science (2010) 90:585-596.
- Listed in Notable Filipinos Worldwide and cited specifically as one of the Notable Filipino-Canadians
- Balik Scientist Awardee by DOST, Manila (2007: Host, LLDA)
- External Examiner of doctoral candidates from Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow, India, June 2011,
and National Institute of Technology (NIT), India, Aug. 2009
- Recipient of the Teaching Award given by SERD, AIT (2002)
- University of the Philippines (UP) Diamond Jubilee Faculty Award, 1998
- Work Excellence Award for Postdoctoral Research at Agriculture Canada, Ottawa, 1994
- NSERC Canadian Government Laboratory Visiting Fellow, Ottawa, Canada, 1992-1994
- McGill University Postdoctoral Fellow, Montreal, Canada, 1991